Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TITLE OF MY BLOG


My middle school days were the most carefree times of my life. It was the period of my life where I got in trouble the most yet I had a lot of fun. I was finally able to roam the city without a chaperon and my curfew was extended to 8 p.m. In those few years, my friends and newfound environment laid a foundation for who I am today. This was also when I was labeled with the nickname "Monster." "Monster" was not given to me because I was mean or because I terrified other children; however, it was because my friends thought I was "dangerous in an adventurous sense." I climbed trees, jumped off roofs, and did things girls normally wouldn't do. I remember that "Monster" was given to me when I was hanging out with all my friends at a local KFC where we all gave each other nicknames. Although my friends I made in college and some from high school do not know this nickname, my friends from middle school still call me Monster and it has grown onto me. Monster is not just a nickname given to me by my friends; it is also a precious memory of my earlier years where those experiences and moments led me to understand how the real world really is. 
Lil or Lilz has always been a shortcut to say my name. Ever since elementary school, my friends and other classmates have called me by a shorter version of my name. So with the combination of my two nicknames, I’ve chosen Monsterlil as my title. Although my nickname has no relevance to literature, it is the first significant thing that comes to mind when naming a blog because it represents me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment